Suggestions Thread

Go down

Suggestions Thread

Post  Momo on Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:59 am

This is the suggestions thread.

If you have any ideas or want anything to be implemented when this gets going post here.

Also we need idea's different from the other cricket simulators.

Momo
Admin

View user profile http://cricketprojectsim.motion-forum.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Suggestions Thread

Post  Ewalsh on Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:06 am

I think we should start with a 50 overs engine first.

Stats should be

Stamina
Batting
Bowling
Keeping
Fielding
Timing (Batting)
Line and Length (Bowling)
Form
Exp

I don't think that there should be a difference between favourrite positions because it means you have to buy somebody who is best at 6, and you get the picture from there onwards

Ewalsh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sutty on Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:30 am

Just thought I'd register and share some ideas...

I suppose the key to a new cricket game should be that it be unique from the other cricket games currently in the "Market", yet that does not mean it should ignore the factors which make, for example, FTP so enjoyable to play...

There may be some reason to make the factors within the M.E. slightly more in-depth than other cricket managers, (Just as a little added competitive advantage over the competition)... Just some ideas off the top of my head...

*Instead of a keeping and fielding skill being seperate, why not sort of combine them (So that there is not a skill like keeping, which is useless for 20 off 22 players in each match)... Say, agility, catching and throwing, or anything like that, such as a keeper uses catching and agility, but throwing not so much... Of course, this could also lead into actually setting fields before the matches (Players with excess catching may be slip fielders, agility for the ring fielders, throwing for players in the deep / ring fielders, etc)... Although, a balance would have to be made so that such a system is not too complicated...

*For batting and bowling, I suppose FTP is very simplified, and has basically one skill + technique for each... Maybe an idea would be to make bowling line and bowling length as seperate factors, rather than just using the same old "Bowling skill"... Of course, a decent player would have to have a balance between these two skills to be a containing bowler, for as in real life, a bowler who bowls a good line but a bad length will get destroyed in a game... etc etc (Just an idea)

*I guess for batting, offside and legside play could be an option... I dunno... (Batting in RL is not my Forté tbh) Very Happy

Just some ideas off the top of my head.

Sutty

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JamesA on Tue Aug 11, 2009 1:33 pm

I actually thought about this game in the first place.

Think we should have a 50 Over to start with, with a cup on Saturdays and friendlies on Sundays.

Thoughts?

I think the skills should be:

Batting
Bowling
Fitness
Fielding
Keeping
Strength
Form
How aggressive a player is
Favourite Position, In the batting order
Favourite Spells, Bowling wise
A Talent.

JamesA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ewalsh on Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:47 am

JamesA wrote:I actually thought about this game in the first place.

Think we should have a 50 Over to start with, with a cup on Saturdays and friendlies on Sundays.

Thoughts?

I think the skills should be:

Batting
Bowling
Fitness
Fielding
Keeping
Strength
Form
How aggressive a player is
Favourite Position, In the batting order
Favourite Spells, Bowling wise
A Talent.

With all the respect I have in a manager game you can't have favourite batting position. Talens should cover it, e.g. First 10 over batsman, 11 to 30 batter (Middle order) 31 to 40 (Lower Order) and 41-50 finisher. Because you will end up getting one in eleven player who bat at eleven as their favourite position. Nowany decent batsman could end up with this, when, being a batsman myself my position is 1 my position wouldn't be 11 in anyway. So while favoured position and favoured bowling spell is a good idea I wuldn;t implement it because of the abov points. Remember, realism isn't always best

Ewalsh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down